|GOOD HOTEL KEY CONTROL|
- No keys are taken home or leave the property, and all keys kept at the property.
- Key sign out/in log used daily in all departments.
- Keys kept in lockbox in proper back office location.
- Video camera of lockbox.
- Back office door, storage doors, kitchen, etc. kept locked at all times.
- Keys assigned individually to each person or daily usage tracked by assigned key number.
- Separate key box for each department with manager combination for access.
- Emergency E-Keys strictly controlled in one location behind glass.
- Verify no other master keys can over-ride guest room deadbolt.
- Reporting lost keys and cancelling access in system.
- Regular key inventory and/or terminated. employee access removal.
- Room attendant keys left on cleaning carts.
- Reading door locks and investigating usage.
Often, employees take short cuts and key control system procedures are not followed or enforced. We recommend performing regular internal audits to verify compliance with good key control.
Audit Hotel specializes in internal audits and surprise hotel property inspections.
Visit us at: www.audithotel.com
Call now to schedule your audit!
Call John at: