|CALIFORNIA HOTEL HOUSEKEEPING “MIPP”|
On July 1, 2018 California OSHA adopted a new hotel standard “MIPP” for “Hotel Housekeeping Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention” requiring initial compliance by October 1, 2018.
Employers must establish, implement, and maintain a musculoskeletal injury prevention program (“MIPP”) that addresses risk factors specific to housekeepers.
The “MIPP” must include:
- Job titles of persons with authority for implementing the MIPP at each worksite
- A system ensuring that supervisors and housekeepers follow the safe work practices and implement the controls required by the MIPP
- A system for communicating safety and health requirements with housekeepers that is understandable to them
- Procedures for identifying and evaluating housekeeping hazards through a worksite
- Procedures for investigating musculoskeletal injuries to housekeepers
- Procedures for reviewing, at least annually, the MIPP at each worksite
- SOP’s policies and procedures for training new employees
We are always updating our knowledge with the continuous changes in the hospitality industry.
Audit Hotel specializes in internal audits and surprise hotel property inspections.
Visit us at: www.audithotel.com
Call now to schedule your audit!
Call John at: